Volvo@Ikea

Volvo@Ikea
This blog documents my Volvo 1800E project car; It may be of little interest to others but serves as an electronic logbook. I will also use it to document our travels in this car.

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Swapped points and condenser for electronic ignition

Today I received the parts from IPD:  plug wires, cap and rotor, and a Pertronics ignition kit.  I removed the distributor to do the upgrade to electronic ignition, and found just a piece of the mounting gasket.  The hardest part of the upgrade was getting the grommet to seat properly.  I had to trim one of the connectors to get it through the hole, and the red wire was not long enough to reach the coil in its current location.  Eventually I might relocate the coil, but for now I added a jumper to allow for enough slack.


One connector fit through the hole.  With that wire in the way, the other was too tight.
The grommet was a pain to install.

Setting the air gap with the included feeler

No comments:

Post a Comment