Volvo@Ikea

Volvo@Ikea
This blog documents my Volvo 1800E project car; It may be of little interest to others but serves as an electronic logbook. I will also use it to document our travels in this car.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

New garage lighting

I knew that the lighting in my garage was insufficient, but it really hit home when I found the wire that I had broken a week earlier.

The other day, while shopping at Costco for Thanksgiving dinner, I purchased a couple LED shop lights.  Today I removed the single bulb light socket from the ceiling, added a couple of square boxes with duplex receptacles and hung the lights.

Let's just say I can see clearly now!  The light fixtures are made by Feit Electric.  They use 38 watts and have a light output of 3700 lumens with a color temperature of 4000K (cool white).  I paid around $35 per fixture and am extremely pleased with the purchase.



I also moved the positive battery cable to a better spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment