Volvo@Ikea

Volvo@Ikea
This blog documents my Volvo 1800E project car; It may be of little interest to others but serves as an electronic logbook. I will also use it to document our travels in this car.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Painted and installed fuel pump blanking plate

There was a pressure sending unit sticking out of the fuel pump blanking plate, not connected to anything.  I asked Mr Thibault to send me a blanking plate, which arrived today along with other parts.  It looked like it came off of an engine that had sat outdoors for a while, so I cleaned it up and painted it with some high temp paint that I had around.

Not sure what this sending unit was for, but it wasn't stock
Quick paint job
I thought about getting a fuel pump to mount, and use for a washer fluid pump; looks doable.
Looking forward to heat-curing the paint.

2 comments:

  1. At one point I installed an auxiliary bypass oil filter, and the return line went into the fuel pump blanking plate. I don't remember why I removed it, maybe it was not working as well as I had hoped. The oil pressure sending unit was the only thing I had on hand with the right threading to plug the hole. Not the smartest idea, but I was about 19 at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see, it makes sense now! Seems like a good enough plug to me. Thanks!

      Delete