Volvo@Ikea

Volvo@Ikea
This blog documents my Volvo 1800E project car; It may be of little interest to others but serves as an electronic logbook. I will also use it to document our travels in this car.

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Installed new (old) radiator, new hoses

The radiator was a breeze to reinstall, since I forgot to install the cooling fan on the front side of it.  Rex Radiator had painted the whole thing after installing the new core, so I used acetone to remove paint from the hose nipples.  I had ordered the lower hose from Don Thibault at p1800.com because the only replacement they have at the parts stores is a flex hose.  The upper hose was easy to get, but had to be trimmed on both ends.

Notice there's no bolts holding the valve cover; I'm waiting for a valve cover from eBay.
I changed the routing of the overflow hose, adding a foot but reducing the bends.
The formed lower hose is a huge improvement over the universal one that it replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment