Volvo@Ikea

Volvo@Ikea
This blog documents my Volvo 1800E project car; It may be of little interest to others but serves as an electronic logbook. I will also use it to document our travels in this car.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Installed fuel pump and tank

This morning I got an early start, and was able to install the new fuel pump and tank before lunch.  I made a new pigtail harness for the pump, reusing the old grommet which was still relatively soft.  I also reused the big donut grommet for the filler pipe.  I purchased the butyl putty at Home Depot and used a little more than half of the roll.

A clone of a Bosch 044 fuel pump; when I replace the tank she'll get the real-deal.
The fuel lines looked clean on the inside.
Butyl putty applied
Tank installed with new wiring.
After adding 2 gallons of gas, the gauge needle went to the reserve mark.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I notice that you haven't updated this since 2017. I hope you can still remember this job;

    I need to change my 3-port original pump to the 2-port unit like yours.

    I would really appreciate any advice on how you did it and any warnings?

    Regards

    ReplyDelete